TPO-18 C1 Apply for a part-time job on campus

Posted 李雷还是要学英语

tags:

篇首语:本文由小常识网(cha138.com)小编为大家整理,主要介绍了TPO-18 C1 Apply for a part-time job on campus相关的知识,希望对你有一定的参考价值。

TPO-18 C1 Apply for a part-time job on campus

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a student and an administrator in the university employment office.
听一段学校雇员室中学生和管理人员间的对话。
第 2 段
1.Hi! I hope you can help me, I just transferred from Northeastern State University near Chicago.
你好,我希望你能帮帮我!我刚刚才从芝加哥附近的东北大学转学过来。
第 3 段
1.Well welcome to Central University.
欢迎来到中央大学。
2.But Chicago is such a great city. Why did you leave?
不过芝加哥是个特别棒的城市,你为什么要离开呢?

is such ~

第 4 段
1.Everyone asks that, It‘s my hometown, and it was sure convenient to go to a school nearby.
每个人都这么问。那儿是我的家乡,而且当然,在附近上学会很方便。
2.But Northeastern is still fairly small and it doesn‘t have the program I‘m interested in.
但是,东北部还是太小了。而且,那个学校还没有我感兴趣的专业。
3.I want to major in international studies.
我想把专业定在国际关系研究上
4.And the only program in the State is here.
州里面开设有这个项目的大学就在这儿。
第 5 段
1.We do have a great program.
我们这儿这项目的确不错。
2.Well how did you get interested in international studies?
嗯,你是怎么对国际关系感兴趣的呢?
第 6 段
1.My family hosted a few foreign exchange students while I was growing up.
在我还小时,我家里面接收了一些国际交换生。
2.Then I took part in an international summer program after I graduated from high school.
之后高中毕业,我参加了一个国际暑期项目。
3.I thought I really I like meeting people from all over, getting to know them.
我觉得,我特别喜欢和来自各个地方的人交流,了解他们。

from all over 来自世界各地

第 7 段
1.OH! Ok! And that led you to our program.
哦!原来是这样的!这些经历使得你慢慢对我们的项目感兴趣了
2.Right now though I assume you are looking for a job.
刚才,我看到你的时候,觉得你是想找一份工作。
第 8 段
1.Yeah, a part time job on campus.
是的,一个学校里面的兼职。

点题:a part time job on campus.

2.I thought I‘d save money, being away from the big city, but it doesn‘t seem to be working that way.
我想在大城市之外,有必要要存些钱.不过,现在看来事情不像想的那么简单。
3.Anyway I‘m not having much luck.
不过不管怎样,我的运气似乎不是特别好。
第 9 段
1.I‘m not surprised, most of our campus jobs are taken in the first week or two of the semester.
这种情况听上去并不令我惊讶。学校里面的兼职大部分在开学的头两周就被抢光了。
2.What work experience have you had?
你过去都干过些啥?
第 10 段
1.Well, I worked in the university library last year.
嗯,我去年在大学的图书馆里面上班。
2.But I already checked at the library here.
但是,我刚才去图书馆里面看了,
3.They said their remaining positions were for work-study students getting financial aid.
他们说剩余的岗位是留给那些接受财务资助、加入“边工作—边学习”项目的学生的。
4.I‘ve never run into that before.
我之前还没有碰到过这样的事情。
第 11 段
1.Well, I guess each school has its own policies.
嗯,我想,每个学校政策都有些不同吧!
2.Uh, we really don‘t have much right now.
我们现在剩余的职位确实不多。
3.You might be better of waiting until next semester.
你可能等到下学期就好了!
4.If you really want something, how are your computer skills?
如果你真的想找点事情的话,你的电脑技术如何?
第 12 段
1.About average I‘d say.
我只能说稍稍好点吧!
2.I helped teach some of the basic computer classes Northeastern offers for new users, if that helps any.
我帮忙教过一些东北大学给新用户开的电脑基础课。这段经历有用么?
第 13 段
1.OK, The technology support department needs people to work its helpdesk.
好的!技术支持部门想招一个负责为顾客提供答疑服务的人,
2.It‘s basically a customer service job, answering questions, helping people solve their computer problems, give you a chance to develop your people skills.
基本上这是一个客服工作;回答顾客的问题,帮助他们解决电脑故障,它也能帮你提高你的交际能力。
第 14 段
1.Something every diplomat needs.
这活儿是每个想要练交际力的人都想要的。

diplomat n. 外交官,热爱交际的人

2.But is there some problem? I mean why is the job still open?
但问题是,现在还有空缺的职位吗?
第 15 段
1.Well, they have extended hours, from 6 am to 2 am every day.
嗯,他们工作时间长,从上午六点到下午两点
2.So they need a large staff.
所以他们要招一大帮人
3.But right now they only need people early mornings, late nights, and weekends.
但是到现在,他们只招缺凌晨、深夜和周末上班的人了。
4.You‘d probably end up with a bit of everything rather than a regular spot.
这个活儿的坏处是,可能你每一样事情都会收到影响,不能有规律地生活。

end up with everything rather than a regular something

5.On the bright side you‘ll probably be able to get some studying done between calls.
不过好处是你可以在接电话的空子里写作业。

on the bright side 从好的方面想
calls

6.At least it could be a start and then you can try for better hours next semester.
至少假如你现在接手了这份活儿,下学期你就可以试着挑一个更好的时段。
第 16 段
1.Um, I see why the hours might be a problem.
嗯,我明白时间安排确实是个问题。
2.But I guess I can‘t afford to be too picky if I want a job.
但,我想,我要是诚心想找工作的话,我可不能太挑剔。
3.Still maybe we can work something out.
我仍然可以想办法解决这个工作可能的不便。

































































































以上是关于TPO-18 C1 Apply for a part-time job on campus的主要内容,如果未能解决你的问题,请参考以下文章

TPO-21 C1 Find a building for orientation

使用 apply() 函数在 pandas 中的 groupby 之后创建列表

for循环中的多个图忽略par

如何在R语言中用apply等函数替代for循环

js 中的apply

text 来自http://www.scriptspot.com/forums/3ds-max/general-scripting/apply-a-state-for-every-camera-in-